Caravan Parks Insurance

Caravan parks, camping grounds, Big 4 Holiday parks are playgrounds for people on holidays. Relaxing, playing and leaving their daily worries at home. No wonder they get so full over summer and over the holiday periods. People escaping to fun. Yet they also bring their challenges. And with that the attendant risks, obligations and liabilities of running a business that looks after them.

Why insure your caravan park or holiday village?

At the height of the season, your caravan park is happy, organised bedlam. And you are working 12, 14, 16 hours a day. Looking after everyone. Whether is running the café shop, cleaning out sites, keeping the grounds looking good or running around after your guests. It is no surprise that all sorts of things could go wrong. None of which might be your fault. But if you are underinsured, or not covered you could be up for some very significant costs. We have been working with owners of caravan parks, camping grounds, and Big 4 Holiday parks for over 20 years. We have a deep understanding of your industry. We know how to protect your business so you can focus on making it a success. We can even vary your insurance cover depending on the season.

Protecting your business

The key insurances you should consider.

Fire & Perils Insurance covers your business for damage to property, including building, contents and stock* caused by certain defined events.

Those events include fire, storms, malicious damage, explosions, earthquake, wind, and leakage of liquids, including water. You can even get flood insurance in certain circumstances.

If any of those events happened your business would stop.

* including customers’ and suppliers’ goods

Loss of Profits or Business Interruption Insurance pays your operating expenses while your business is recovering from a disaster. Which often takes much longer than you realise. All the while your expenses still need to be paid, even though there is no money coming in.

This cover future proofs your business, protecting your bottom line.

If you employ people you need Workers Compensation Insurance. It’s compulsory and a legal requirement. It protects employers from financial costs when a worker sustains a work-related injury or disease.

Employers must provide workers’ compensation for anyone they employ that the legislation defines as a ‘worker’.

Western Australia, Northern Territory, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania are all underwritten direct by insurers. Victoria is managed by Worksafe and underwritten by insurers, and New South Wales and Queensland are underwritten by the State Governments. We can assist you to organise this insurance for your business.

Quite simply a must for your business. Members of the public, guests, and suppliers come onto your business premises and could hurt themselves. Even if it is through no fault of yours, your business is exposed.

During daily business activities, accidents and mistakes can happen. If they cause injury, losses or damage your business is potentially liable.

Public Liability Insurance protects your business for any such events. Whether to people or property. Whether your own or other people’s.

If you take online bookings for your caravan park; if you use a point of sales system in your holiday village you are vulnerable to a cyber-attack.

This insurance covers you for any losses that the business, or a third-party might incur as a result of a cyber-attack.

It also covers privacy breaches if anyone from your business accidentally exposes customer data.

If you have employees and/or are connected to the internet in any way, you are vulnerable to a digital fire, with potentially huge costs, fines & penalties.

Management Liability Insurance is for managers and directors of private companies. It covers the potential liabilities that arise in running the business.

In caravan parks those liabilities are extensive: OH&S, Fair Work, business finances, professional advice and service delivery, multiple sites, busy work environments with many different contractors and people…

Management Liability Insurance protects directors, management, and the Company for most of the major breaches and risks that might occur in the day to day running of the business.

A vehicle is an essential tool of the trade for caravan park owners. Visiting suppliers, caravan sites or simply carting tools, supplies and other materials around.

Commercial Vehicle Insurance covers your business for any damages to the vehicles you use or any damages they cause to people or property.


Oracle Group Insurance Brokers partners with you

We are experts in protecting businesses from all their potential risks and liabilities. Your protection is based on our 5 fundamental principles.

  • Understand

    it is important to understand your business in all its different facets, so we can identify your potential exposures and risks. Many of which you are probably unaware.

  • Advise

    from there we can advise you about where you are carrying all the risk, and what insurance you should consider. Then, you can make an informed choice.

  • Implement

    insurance products best for your business are notoriously wordy and complex. We sift through and decipher them to find the product that best suits your needs and protects you.

  • Advocate

    when it comes to claim time, we are your expert advocate with the insurance companies. With a 96% success rate, we you get back on your feet fast.

  • Ease

    insurance can be a frustrating grudge purchase. At Oracle Group we make it easy, so you get back to running your business with peace of mind, knowing you are protected.

Request A Quote

Need help with this form or prefer to speak to someone? You can call us on 1300 029 510.